Welcome to the 11th International Symposium on Rock Fragmentation by Blasting, to be held from 24–26 August 2015 at the Sheraton on the Park Hotel, Sydney.
The FRAGBLAST series is the worldwide forum for a scientific and technical update on all aspects of rock blasting and explosives engineering:
- Rock fracture and fragmentation
- Explosives system design
- Tests and procedures
- Blast design
- Blast vibrations and noise
- Numerical modeling
- Blast diagnostics
- Mine economics
Through its history, beginning in 1983, FRAGBLAST has served the blasting community with an unparalleled combination of scientific advances and practical applications. The most well-known models, diagnostic tools and procedures, and sound practices have been presented in the FRAGBLAST symposia, representing a unique opportunity for exchanging knowledge, ideas and experiences among the participants.
Preliminary List of Papers Released
The national organising committee is overwhelmed from the response of the call for papers and is now pleased to release the list of preliminary papers.
Keynote Speakers Announced
FRAGBLAST11 is pleased to announce the following keynote speakers have been confirmed to present during the symposium:
- Dane Blair, Senior Principal Consultant, Blasting Geomechanics Pty Ltd
- Ron Douglas MAusIMM, Executive Global Head, Projects & Technology, Orica
- William Fourney, Professor, University of Maryland, USA
- Cam Halfpenny, Managing Director, Productivity Improvement Australasia Technology & Innovation, Rio Tinto
- Charles Kliche, Professor, South Dekota School of Mines and Technology, USA
Call for Papers
Call for paper submissions have now closed.
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities Now Available
The organising committee is pleased to invite companies to support FRAGBLAST11. A limited number of sponsorship and exhibition opportunities are available. The opportunities, which can be tailored to address your organisation’s business needs, are a very cost-effective way to reach potential and actual symposium delegates.
FRAGBLAST11 will be an ideal opportunity for sponsors to maximise exposure to a prime international audience.
Stay up-to-date with the latest information about FRAGBLAST11.